November 2015 Meeting Minutes
Principal Bill Crane-spoke about the MS Reading Buddies program that is starting. Will include 8-10 students that are struggling with reading. An adult or high school student will meet with the MS once per week to read.
October Meeting Minutes discussion and approval-tabled to give board members another opportunity to read them. Update: minutes were approved by email.
Treasurers and Scrip Reports-Roberta
- Approved $100 to Amber Powell for books for MS Reading Buddies
- Approved $100 to Barb Weston to purchase Scholastic books
- Approved $110 to Caryn Snyder for OM supplies
- Approved $50 to Rhonda Vanderwest for 3rd grade trip to see play at the Civic Theater (by email)
- Approved $300 to Rhonda Vanderwest for 1st grade Lollipops Concert
- Approved $50 to Lorin Sorenson for tamales
- Approved $100 worth of Scrip cards to Stacy Brown for prizes for MS spelling bee
- Approved by email $100 to Barb Berry for Christmas help for homeless families
Current and Upcoming Projects
- Varsity Basketball Ice Cream treat sales-ask for donations of ice cream. Mary to look for our missing table and Val to make signs advertising the sales. Prices to be $2.50 for sundae with cookie, $2 without cookie.
- Santa Shop-Mandi to make flyer asking for donations including “tear off” for students to bring shopping. Approval to spend up to $500 on inventory. Approved by email to reimburse Mary for cost of several totes to store leftover SS inventory.
- Amazon Smile program will deposit earned money into our account every 45 days.
- Per Mary, our website is fully functional again.
- We will skip December meeting and meet again on January 25th at 6:30 in Admin Bldg.