Kent City PTCO Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2014
Review & Approval Minutes- approved February 2014 minutes
Treasurer’s Report – Roberta, Val had a question as to what upcoming expenditures are, $1000 to 5th grade for Greenfield Village field trip, $1200 for senior scholarships, $200 to Boys’ Basketball Program from 3pt shots at games
Scrip Report – Roberta
Recently approved Teacher Requests/Website Requests/facebook Requests –
· Mrs. Freeland, on behalf of the EL PBIS, asked for reimbursement of supplies (approx $68) that she bought for the recess “Olympics”. It was decided that she would ask to be reimbursed by the teachers’ fundraiser account. If that would not cover her costs, that PTCO would.
· PTCO Scholarships – Roberta to obtain applications after deadline and remove names for judging purposes, Roberta will also present the scholarships at Senior Awards Banquet (5/1/14). Mandi, Nikki, and Val are this year’s scholarship committee to read essays and decide on scholarship recipients.
· EL Pennies For Patients – Mandi, Paula & Roberta, April 14-25, count on the 18th and another date TBD
· EL Spring Fundraiser Delivery – contact person, Nan, asking for volunteers on 4/17 at 1pm until after school
· MS Box Tops Contest winner is Mrs. Davis’ 4th hr class, Nan will set up brownie sundae party prize
· Mom 2 Mom and More sale – open the Mom 2 Mom sale up to more of an indoor garage sale (to include more potential buyers and sellers), $15/table to sell items, EL cafeteria, Sat 4/26/14, 9am-3pm, set up the evening before, facebook event created
· EL Jump Rope For Heart – recap, raised $1863.50! Awesome!
· PTCO Board elections-nominations in April, vote in May. We talked about trying to do an anonymous online vote like two years ago, but most likely will vote by ballot at the May meeting. Will be getting the word out starting in next week’s email about the nominations and voting.
· End of the year Sno-cones for all students – EL, part of PBIS, Nan to e-mail Mr. Crane regarding providing to secondary students as well.
· Update PTCO bylaws – Paula will update the bylaws in the next two weeks so that they can be submitted to the state with taxes. After she updates, she will get input from others.
· Update Website – Mary ongoing
· Spring Breaker’s Friday Finale – Friday, April 11, Papa Piccione’s (678-4478) will be donating 15% of all dine-in, take-out and delivery FROM THE ENTIRE DAY! We’d like to thank them in advance for their generosity!, On the same day from 12-2pm you can work off the yummies from Papa’s at ROLLER FOX on Apple Avenue! Just $4 per person gets you in the door! Skate rental is free with paid admission and rollerblades are $2. Thank you to Roller Fox for their participation! Have questions? Contact Jessica McKinley at email@example.com
· Val’s fundraising idea is a sub/soup/etc. sale through Frandale Sub Shop in Wyoming. She will email the brochure to Mr. Crane to see if the MS could do this fundraiser, possibly in May.
· Board of Education: Val, Carnival profit was up $2000 from last year
· Grassroots Update: no update
· EL School Improvement Meeting Update: no update
· MS/HS School Improvement Meeting Update: no update
· Next meeting: April 28, 2014 at 6:30pm Administration Building
Meeting Adjourned – 7:50pm