Kent City PTCO
February 2019 Meeting Minutes
November Meeting Minutes discussed and approved by Roberta and Ray.
Board Briefs approved by Ray and Kendra.
- Where do we stand with our Script account and the person that is responsible for the missing money? So far no money has been collected. Will discuss with Danielle to have contract filled out to pay and if they will not pay will take them to small claims court. Danielle not at meeting today. Ray will do.
Website/ Teacher Request:
- Rhonda Vanderweat requested funds for kids that could not or needs help with cost of Concerts. Kindergarten, 1st and 5th grades. This has been already approved through email.
- Bill Crane Requested funds for new books for Middle/ High Schools libraries. Approved through email.
- Stacy Brown requested help with judging events for Forensic team. No one was available, but we did put this out on Facebook to try to help her find someone.
- Amy Powell has requested funds for March Reading Month activities and supplies. Approved through email.
- Santa Shop went well and ran smoothly and we want to Thank everyone who was involved who made it that way. We ran out of men and boys stuff, keep a look out for next year. We also ran out of candy and Candy canes we will be sure to stock up next Halloween when everything is on sale. Be on the lookout for good deals for next year.
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes for Basketball games. The schedule is full so we are good with that. Still falling short, money wise, for kids scholarships.
- Craft night, where do we stand on this? Kendra will get a hold of Sarah and we will discuss this later.
- We never ended up doing a Santa Sale for the teachers, Valerie originally was going to do this but it did not work out. So adult type items/gifts will go to the teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week, as an additional surprise.
- Christmas Break Fundraiser at Papa P’s and Altitude Trampoline Park was a success. Thank you to all who participated.
- No Spring Break Fundraiser in the works as of now.
- Friendship Grams. We decided to do this at the end of the year. Friends telling Friends goodbye for Summer.
Past/ Current/ Upcoming Events
- Popcorn sale for February was cancelled due to weather. Next one will be March 7th.
Arie, Roberta, Nancy, Kendra and Paula will help
- Box Top competition was Feb 4th- 13th. 22nd Prize day for Box Top winners. Prize will be ice cream sundaes. Kendra, Ray, Arie and Roberta will help with this.
- January is School Board Appreciation Month. Voted yes to donating money to each library in Kent City. Total libraries- 4.
- Parent/ Teacher conferences Feb 28th 4:30pm- 7:30pm & March 7th 3:30pm- 6:30pm. We decided not to set up a table for these.
- Pre-school & Kindergarten Round Up is March 12th at 6:00pm & March 21st at 6:00pm, we decided to set up a table for these.
- Namecheap.com was auto renewed on Jan 2nd. We decided to go with it but update the website to current events. Kendra will update the website. Kelly will ask Mary & Mandi about the website information as we have no info. at this time.
- We have talked about putting inspiring quotes up around the school. Pam Loves the idea. We need to get her a list of sayings we would like and approve them with Pam first.
- There was an email about 1st day of school supplies, no one knows much about this but we will not address this and let the school make that decision.
Next Meeting March 25th 2019 @ 5:00pm at the Administration Building.